Trainee Field Engineer
Testing Street Lighting Systems
Field-based role involving overnight stays weekly
UK Driving Licence Essential
Starting salary up to £28,000 per annum
Pool Vehicle Provided, Extensive Training Opportunities, Holiday, Pension
Precision is proud to be working with a market leader in the structural light testing field, as they relocate operations to the Derby area. The business is set for continued success and growth, with a full order book, making this a great opportunity for the right individuals. As the business grows there will be opportunities to progress and develop into operations roles and training of others. They are currently looking for a Trainee Field Engineer to join their growing team.
Role commutable from Derby, Little Eaton, Nottingham, Loughborough and surrounding areas.
- To carry out Structural Testing and Analysis of Lighting Columns throughout the UK.
- This work is carried out for local councils, highways and the rail network.
- Undertaking the testing of lampposts using machinery and test equipment (training will be provided)
- Expensed overnight stays (Monday to Thursday) with an early return Friday.
Minimum Skills / Experience Required:
- Working in small teams (typically 2)
- Cleaning, checking and loading test equipment and vehicles
- Early starts and driving to test location on a Monday morning
- Setting up and liaising with contractors and clients on-site
- Working in a safe manner based on the location (H&S training will be provided)
- Operating machinery (Digger/cherry picker type arms)
- Reporting and record keeping (Training will be provided)
- Ensuring the security of machinery, vehicles and test equipment
- Occasional nights / weekend work is required.
- MUST hold a full, clean UK driving licence (class B E desirable but not essential)
- Have previous experience of operating machinery such as a cherry picker, digger, JCB, scissor lift or forklift
- Basic hands-on experience of mechanical repairs such as vehicle mechanics or machine maintenance
- Happy to stay away from home Monday-Thursday night on a weekly basis
- Be good at planning, reliable & well organised
- Happy to be working in all weather conditions
- Live within 30 minute commute of Derby DE24
- Be PC literate – able to use a computer to create simple reports
- Be willing to start early when the role requires
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment
- Starting salary £24,000-£28,000 per annum
- Daily expenses provided along with hotels for overnight stays
- Internal bonus progression within the first year
- Company Pension scheme
- Use of pool company vehicles
- 23 days holidays bank holidays
Interested? To apply for this Trainee Field Engineer position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore on 0116 4786971 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - firstname.lastname@example.org