Fast solutions for manufacturing and engineering environments, blue collar and trades, temporary or contract. Unrivalled engineering recruitment from consultants who've worked in your industry
Specialists within Design, Project, Service and Maintenance Engineers across the UK. This is management and technical recruitment with value added. We engage the right people, and deliver with precision.
From Sale Support to Senior Business Development roles, Precision has vast sales recruitment experience and a very high rate of success in placing top sales talent across the UK.
Industry experienced with expert knowledge in Logistics areas such as E-Commerce, 3PL, Transport and Warehousing.
Experts in working with pre and post risk in core engineering specialisms in both the UK and overseas.
We grow our clients' businesses by finding them amazing talent. Based in the Midlands, we have been growing since 2004 and have clients in the UK, Europe. Precision People is a specialist search, recruitment and consultancy services organisation, focussed on providing a range of recruitment and people solutions and managed services to a wide spectrum of industry sectors, for client organisations nationwide and beyond.
Our specialist agents have worked in your industry and been on the other end of the process. This means we have engineering recruitment consultants with many years’ experience actually working in diverse engineering environments, technical recruitment consultants who have managed complex design projects, as well as executive search professionals who specialise in areas such as manufacturing and logistics.
By applying unique rigorous selection techniques, we minimise your risk dramatically.
Tracking down the best candidates is our key focus, and not just those searching for a position when you engage our services.
Ours is a culture of trust - we won't let you down.
70% of our new business comes from client referrals.
WE PUT THE RIGHT PEOPLE, IN THE RIGHT SEATS, FOR THE RIGHT REASONS.
A dynamic talent management and executive search consultancy that provides an integral link between the directors of growing businesses and high achieving candidates. Combining in-depth industry knowledge with the latest in talent resourcing and search methods.
Our team is comprised of specialist recruiters who know their industry inside out, ensuring a deep understanding of the specific skills and experience candidates need in order to fill the unique requirements of your vacancy whether temporary, contract or permanent.
Learn how to seek, hire and retain amazing talent. The people part of your business is probably where you spend most of your time dealing with difficult situations and having the most headaches. If you want to grow your business, why not hire us to help you?
As an engineering recruitment agency, we are always looking for new and innovative ways to adapt our approach so that we can secure the right fit for our candidates. In most markets, there are ever-evolving practices that incorporate changing technologies, laws and social parameters and to stay ahead of the competition agencies like ours must adapt to these. So, what are the top 3 recruitment trends of 2018 that our engineering recruitment agency and employers should be considering this year?
Skills Driving Salaries
Over the recent years, average salaries have flatlined. However, this is predicted to change due to inflation coupled with current extremely high employment rates. Good news for engineers; the biggest rise is expected in the qualified and technical markets! But with Brexit uncertainty and a weakened pound to contend with, comes a reduction in the supply of labour in the industry, so if you’re struggling to attract talent, you’ll need to be ready to increase your offerings to secure the best candidates.
New Jobs – New Way of Thinking
Increasing specialisation in engineering markets, new job titles pop up and our engineering recruitment consultancy must use different approaches to secure the best people. With these new titles comes new tools and channels within the market at an almost daily rate, so it’s important to understand what actually works. By staying in the know with moving markets and adapting thought processes to hiring and retaining staff, employers and recruiters alike can keep up with the changing times and use this to influence their candidate selections.
Technology Needs Talent
With technology advancing at a jaw-dropping pace, it’s not uncommon for employers, candidates and recruiters to worry about how intelligent machinery could impact their respective industries- especially engineering firms. As machine capabilities grow, to reap the benefits of them one thing is for sure, human intelligence is still a must. As with the above, new job titles will be created for those manning such technology so ensuring your candidates are technologically adept and forward thinking, as well as reassuring them of their value, is vital in retaining strong staff.
Call us on 0116 254 5411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Recruitment Consultant | Precision People
Senior Recruitment consultant Natalie Chapman, who specialises in placing Sales & Management talent into the Construction and Building products sector, this week, celebrated 10 years at Precision People.
To mark the occasion, Natalie was presented with a card signed by all the team, a personalised cake, balloons and a gift, whilst everyone celebrated with a glass of fizz and listened to Recruitment Director Phil give a heartfelt speech of his first memories of Natalie, joining Precision when their were five members of staff and based on Western Boulevard in 2007.
Precision is now based on the Meridian Business Park with over twenty five staff and growing.
Natalie commented on her ten year’s service:
“I am sure all my fellow recruiters in Leicester will agree, reaching ten years at one company is something very rare in our industry, and something to be celebrated.
I can honestly say that year on year I have grown as a consultant, learning new skills and most importantly, how to recruit using all the tools available and best practice to add value to our candidate and client relationships."
Recruitment Director, Phil Walker commented:
“Nat joined Precision when we were just finding our feet as a business and has been on the long and hard journey of Precision becoming a multi million pound turnover business. It's rare for a person to stay so long in an industry known for job hopping but, Nat has always fitted the culture of hard work, putting the right people in the right seats and for the right reasons. The team at Precision look up to Nat as one of the most committed to doing a fantastic job of being a recruiter, as well as being continually highest achieving.”
"As a company, we use proven processes to make sure we ‘get it right’. We listen to our client’s needs before offering them a solution. The same applies with our candidates, we understand their drivers and what they want from their next move. This is one of the many factors why I have worked at Precision for ten years.
Personally, I feel that Precision People has allowed me to give my two daughters the life I have always hoped for. I would like to say a big thank you to Precision for making me look forward to Mondays every week for the last 10 years!”
Precision People are currently seeking to hire a Logistics and Supply chain recruitment consultant and a Recruitment Consultant for the Construction & Building Products market to join our amazing team of over twenty five talented people. Please contact Natalie Chapman, Recruitment Co-ordinator on 0116 254 5411 or email email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about joining our team of amazing talent.
Notes to Editors:
Precision People is an established specialist Recruitment business providing recruitment services in three key areas under three sub brands;-
Precision Search - specialising in management and director level search within the manufacturing and logistics sectors.
Precision Recruitment, specialising in engineering, technical construction and sales roles across the UK.
Precision Consultancy - bespoke recruitment training packages for businesses to improve their return on investment before or after hiring talent.
Founded by Director Phil Walker in 2004, the growing team of twenty five itself on it’s passion and integrity to listen to its clients and deliver tailor made solutions.
Precision People is based on the Meridian Business Park near the M1 Junction 21 in Leicester and operates nationwide and also in the US. Precision People are Members of Apsco (Association of Professional Staffing Companies) and were finalists in 2009 and 2014 in the Leicester Mercury Business Awards.
Precision People is delighted to announce a new charity partnership with the fantastic Rainbows Children’s Hospice after a company vote was held. Precision People joins the charity’s business club who's other members include Next, Intelligent Energy and Available Car.
The charity provides the only East-Midland’s hospice for children and young people, providing life-limited children and their families care and support. Rainbows incredible team of people helps relieve
symptoms, improve the quality of life, support parents and siblings through their bereavements, and care for children until the end.
Tom Stanyard, Corporate Partnership Fundraiser commented:-
“We’re delighted that Precision has chosen to support Rainbows and everyone is really looking forward to working with the team. With only a little-guaranteed funding each year we’re almost entirely reliant on supporters like Precision, who help make sure that Rainbows is here for life-limited children, young people and their families across the East Midlands that we provide vital care and support for.”
Jo Walker, Marketing Director commented:-
"The Precision team voted to support local charity Rainbow's this year. We're hoping to raise lots of money by giving £10 for every candidate we place in a new permanent job plus also getting involved in extra fundraising days throughout the year including the 5K family Bubblerush in September. Rainbow's carry out amazing work for life-limited children and we're proud to help."
To find out more about Rainbows and the fantastic work that they do, please click here.
Contact us on 0116 254 5411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
....even if you don't 'get' what Employee Engagement is.
What actually is Employee Engagement anyway?
Whether youe an Engineering Director who fullys understands the concept of employee engagement or think you simply just don't have time for it whilst running a busy engineering firm, either way, Employee Engagement is a term used increasingly within not only large business but also SME's.
In a nutshell, it: "is a workplace approach resulting in the right conditions for all members of an organisation to give of their best each day, committed to their organisation's goals and values, motivated to contribute to organisational success, with an enhanced sense of their own well-being."*
Here are 13 tips you can implement to increase your staff's happiness.
1. Clarifying goals and objectives from the outset with each staff member is imperative. If they understand what their job role is, they will be far happier. A lot of employee dissatisfaction comes from not clearly defining what each person's role is and what duties fall within their role.
2. Why not hold a weekly meeting promoting the biggest achievements of the week? If this is tricky timewise, send an email to everyone at the end of the week. This will inform the staff of the highs of the week, ready to start work on Monday from a positive angle.
3. Social events are a great way for staff to interact and build relationships outside of the shop floor in a more relaxed environment. Whether it's a quick drink after work each month on pay day, to lunches with the Managers when targets are met, right through to big Christmas Parties, off-site events build stronger teams and people in different departments get to interact when they otherwise may not outside of the working environment.
'Fuel motivation and have an employee of the month'
4. Have an 'employee of the month' and get everyone to vote for their colleagues. Give the winner a certificate and a prize and announce it in front of the teams. People like to be recognised for a doing a great job in front of their peers whilst fueling motivation.
5. Extra day's off, duvet days, or afternoon's off. Whatever your business calls them - being able to earn an extra day off is a fantastic incentive which will vastly appeal to some staff. Plus you have the added bonus it doesn't cost your business any cash. Letting staff have their birthday off ( or maybe the day after, if they like to celebrate) is a thoughtful gesture.
'Encourage an open door policy - or maybe an anonymous suggestion box'
6. Create an environment where you encourage people to speak up and know that they will not be judged or criticised. By having an open door policy staff are more likely to speak their mind and who knows, some fantastic ideas may come from them.
7. Encourage health, fitness and good eating habits in the workplace. This can be small gestures from providing fresh fruit for staff to have access to throughout the day, fresh filtered water, to gym memberships. If you can't stretch to whole gym memberships perhaps talk to a local gym and agree on a group discount?
8. Being mindful of staff and their stress levels are also increasingly important. Organise a meditation group or bring in massage therapists for the afternoon, are all gestures that could reduce your staff's anxiety and keep stress levels to a minimum.
9. Celebrate work anniversaries - 'Jim, you've been here how long? Congratulations here's a bottle of bubbly." Also looks great posted on your social media pages too.
'Support a local charity'
10. Nominate a local charity and come up with ideas of how you can support them by raising funds. Perhaps choose a local charity that you can build a relationship with. A local homeless charity, food bank or hospice. Ask staff to vote for a charity they feel they would like to support.
11. Arrange for an ice-cream van to turn up at your premises - who doesn't love ice-cream?
12.Holding an awards night is a fantastic way to recognise staff for their efforts throughout the year. You can be creative with the categories as you like and even get your staff to vote for each other. You can hold it at your place of work or go all out and hire somewhere and turn it into a real party!
13. Simply saying 'Thank you' sounds obvious but goes along way. Saying thank you for a job well done should never be underestimated.
Keeping your employees engaged is key to a content and productive workforce where ideas thrive and staff are genuinely happy in their work environment.
If you would like more information on Employee Engagement contact Precision Consultancy on 0116 254 5411 or email email@example.com
* Source: Engage for Success
Like this article? Why not read 'Precision People add Commercial Director to assist with growth plans.'