The Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
My Client are opening a brand new site in Warwickshire and are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to assist in the design of machinery and equipment including mechanical systems, thermofluids, hydraulics and structural components
A company that is developing game changing product applications across many industries, to significantly impact global air quality and climate change for the better, opening a brand new site in Warwickshire, this is the right time to join a fantastic team!
The Right Person
- Design of machinery and equipment including mechanical systems, thermofluids, hydraulics and structural components.
- Carrying out engineering calculations, component sizing and selection & machine design
- Mechanical design of all test systems including CAD drawings, BOM, schematics and supporting documentation
- Involved directly with concept definition, system design, component selection, testing, verification, and validation of prototypes and final products.
- Implementation of various design standards and practices including adherence to ISO9001 and CE marking to achieve type certification
- Identifying, evaluating and managing manufacturing partners and suppliers both in Europe and worldwide
- Preparation of technical manuals and reports
- Technical support and guidance to other team members. Participating in design meetings and disseminating progress to team members and management
- Supporting workshop production and build/assembly of large prototypes as required
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, as well as possessing the following key skills:
Interested? Here are your three options
- 5 years relevant industrial experience in mechanical design of machines, systems, engines, heat pumps or similar
- Automotive and/or heavy engineering industry experience
- Preferably hydraulic systems design experience
- Practical / Hands-on experience
- Solidworks experience required. PDM an advantage, but not essential
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster on between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.