HEAT TREATMENT - ENGINEERING INDUSTRY
UP TO £50,000 PER ANNUM (EXPERIENCE DEPENDANT)
EAST DURHAM SR8
MON-FRI DAY SHIFTS
FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP, HOLIDAY, PENSION
Are you a skilled Production Engineer with the ability to juggle several projects at once? If yes, read on….
My client is an established firm in the engineering manufacturing sector, based in Durham. This role is commutable from East Durham, Houghton-Le-Spring, Hartlepool, Stockton-On-Tees, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Chester-Le-Street, Boldon, Wingate, and Gateshead with close links to the A19. We are seeking a trained engineer with a strong background in heat treatment and metallurgy environments to be the process expert in the machining facility.
Other job titles may include: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer or Metallurgical Engineer.
● Management of ongoing heat treatment process performance through metallurgical assessment.
● Designing and implementing moderate machine modifications to optimise safety, quality or output performance.
● Setting and managing revenue budgets, to ensure all necessary resources are available to achieve business needs.
● Identification and justification of capital expenditure projects. Including spend management and post-implementation review.
● Leading and delivering projects, such as new production lines or new product introductions.
● Creation of process-specific quality documentation, to ensure conformance to control plans.
● Performance of risk assessments and PUWER reviews and sign-off to ensure a safe working environment, champion the principles of 5S and H&S as appropriate.
● Creation of standard operation procedures for QCDP tasks.
● Communicating effectively with the team and other functions, to ensure understanding of business/department objectives.
● Support activities of other functions within the business, as may be necessary to achieve the business objectives.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment.
● Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures, tooling and build operations.
● Responsible for hands-on analysis, problem-solving and development of all production processes, methods, and engineering specifications.
Minimum Skills / Experience Required
●Candidate must have an excellent understanding of induction heating and microstructures
● Proven manufacturing, process or production engineering experience within an automotive environment
● Experience of introducing new products to manufacture, creating production procedures, and designing jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
● Must have previous experience controlling financial budgets and working to tight production deadlines and cost constraints.
● Experience of working alongside design and manufacturing teams to solve production issues and help with input towards new product design.
● Understanding of SolidWorks CAD system (Desired)
● Starting salary up to £50k per annum - experience dependant
● 25 days holiday statutory bank holidays
● Free on-site parking
● Company Pension scheme
● Life Assurance Policy
● Working hours: 8:30-4:30 Mon-Thurs, 3:30 finish on Friday
● Free gym membership
Interested? To apply for this Production Engineer position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore on 0116 4786971 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - firstname.lastname@example.org