The Role - Senior Development Engineer
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Development Engineer to join their team to assist in the development and testing of machinery. The ideal candidate will have both design and development experience and enjoy getting their hands dirty whilst building, testing and developing machines and systems. Ability to design and/or produce detail drawings would be a distinct advantage. This role will be 75% Shopfloor and 25% office based.
My client is a leading manufacturer of Special Purpose Machinery which is widely used for manufacturing Electrical Coils, Cable and Conductors. Employing an expert team of Engineers offering a complete service from machine design to manufacture, test and installation.
Skills/ Qualifications Required
- Development and testing of Special Purpose Machinery
- Design / produce detailed drawings
- Hands on Machine Build experience
The successful Senior Development Engineer will ideally be apprentice trained within a relevant background as well as the the following attributes:-
Desirable but not compulsory skills
- Hands on with ability to build machinery to drawings or sketches
- Proven track record in delivering on time
- Ability to work under pressure delivering multiple engineering projects at different stages
- Broad engineering knowledge ideally in a development or design role
- Clear, concise and consistent communicator
- Ability to produce spreadsheets and reports
Interested? Here are your options
- Ability to use machine tools
- Basic electrical wiring
- Design / drawing experience (AutoCAD or SolidWorks)
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.