The Role: Principal Systems Engineer
Due to Continued growth, my client, based in North Leicestershire, is looking to recruit a Principal Systems Engineer. This role applies Systems Engineering skills to the design and development of commercial products for use in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems.
This is an opportunity to work within a Company that uses World leading technology and cutting-edge products. As a business they are keen for their employees to develop and offer opportunities for learning, development and ongoing professional development. Offering a very generous compensation package of up to £50k and a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, Free on-site parking, cycle to work scheme to name some.
About the role
Working as part of the Product Development team, you will assist in the design and development of commercial products for use in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems. Together with the design team, you will support development from prototype through to product, this will range from early phase work such as requirements management, architecture definition and leading the FMEA process, through to operational system bring up, debugging and production release.
The Right Person
The successful Principal Systems Engineer will be degree qualified to at least a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or possess a relevant non-degree level qualification alongside suitable industrial experience as well as the following key skills:-
Interested? Here are your three options
- Experience with the design and development of commercial products for use in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems
- Proven track record of defining and delivering sub-systems and/or full products
- A good understanding of systems engineering principles and how they should be applied throughout the full engineering lifecycle
- You will be an enthusiastic engineer with a history of working collaboratively to nurture cross functional team relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues through mutual trust and honesty. As such, excellent interpersonal skills are vital for this position.
- You will need to have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment.
- Any experience with electric power trains and Model Based Systems Engineering would be advantageous but is not essential.
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster on between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the details” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision is committed to keeping our candidates informed and offers a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.