Trainee Field Service Engineer
Mechanical And Electrical Repairs
Laser Engraving Machinery
Field-Based Role - Slough SL1 1SU
Starting Salary £25,000 Per Annum
Uk Driving Licence And Valid Passport Essential
Full Training Provided, Company Van, Fuel Card, Monthly Bonus
Have you ever stripped down a PC to find out how it works or played around with 3D printers, laser cutters or CNC machines? If you have please read on…
Precision People is proud to be working with one of the world's foremost manufacturers of laser technology and laser manufacturing, spanning 90 countries.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will commission, service and provide customer training for world-leading laser engravers. From one day to the next, the role offers variety and diversity, taking you to customers ranging from globally recognised organisations and industrial manufacturers to high-street retailers and educational establishments. Full training will be provided.
Candidate locations could include South London, Slough, Windsor, Woking, Berkshire, Leatherhead, Redhill, Lyne, Egham, Chessington, Epsom, Guildford, Farnborough and Croydon.
The role of Trainee Field Service Engineer will include
- Servicing and repairing high-end laser engraving machines
- Extensive travel into Central London and surrounding areas around the M25
- Mechanical and Electrical fault finding and troubleshooting
- Commissioning laser systems and proprietary software
- Providing focused and bespoke customer training
- Providing technical support and machine maintenance to existing clients
- Completing documentation of service and installation visits
- Delivering a high level of professionalism and customer service
Salary and Package
- Prior experience repairing, servicing or assembling mechanical or electrical machinery or components such as CNC, PCs, vehicle mechanics, electronic gadgets, automated machinery or similar
- Proven customer service skills with a can-do attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Full UK clean and current driving licence (essential)
- A willingness to travel for training (must have a valid UK passport)
- An eagerness to develop technical skills and undertake training and development
- Competence in the use of graphics or CAD software (non-essential)
- Monday - Friday day shifts working hours 8am-6pm (can vary)
- Starting salary £25,000 per annum increasing to £28,000 after completion of first year internal exams then to £31,000 after the second year.
- Full Company product training
- £30 additional customer visit bonus
- Extensive training and personal development plan
- New Company Van
- Laptop & Mobile phone
- Fuel card and Company Credit card
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Interested? To apply for this Trainee Field Service Engineer position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org