Field Service Engineer
Hemel Hempstead HP2 4TU
Electrical Qualification Essential
Up To £44,5000 Per Annum
Company Van And Fuel Card
Overtime, Gas-Safe Training Provided, Bonus, Holiday
Are you an electrical engineer with experience in maintaining machinery keen to expand your skills within a niche engineering sector? If yes, read on…
My client is an established firm in the specialist spray booth sector who are currently looking for a skilled individual to repair, service and maintain their spray booths on various sites within a localised patch. Full training will be provided so machinery-specific experience is not essential.
The ideal candidate base location could include St Albans, Luton, Watford, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, Hatfield, Borehamwood, Berkhamsted, Leighton Buzzard or Stevenage.
Other suitable job titles could include Maintenance Engineer, Repair Technician, Service Technician, Field Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Service Engineer or Industrial Electrician.
The role of Field Service Engineer:
To service and maintain a range of state-of-the-art spray booths.
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Perform routine Maintenance
- Carry out testing – including LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation), BAT (Breathing Air Test), & ACT (Air Clearance Test)
- Electrical Servicing & Repairs
- Mechanical Servicing & Repairs on drives, belts, motors, shafts, and bearings.
- Input & Extract filter replacements
- Fault finding/diagnostics
- Equipment retrofits and upgrades
- Ensuring that works are carried out in compliance with current health, safety and environmental requirements
- Flexible with overnight stays when required
- Experienced in repairing, servicing or maintaining industrial machinery or commercial plant equipment
- Previous industries could include Automation, Plant, FMCG, Industrial, Facilities Maintenance, HVAC or similar
- Must hold a valid Electrical Qualification such as City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or HNC/HND equivalent
- Fault-finding experience with single or 3 phase motors
- Mechanical hands-on experience working with changing belts, shafts, bearings, motors or drives
- Lives local to Watford, Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Aylesbury or St Albans.
- Happy to stay away for training within the first 3 months of the role
- Good communication skills with a range of individuals; customers to site operatives
Salary and Package:
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- Salary £38,272-£44,500 per annum
- 40-hour working week with regular overtime available
- Door-to-Door Travel
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- 23 days holiday 8 statutory bank holidays
- Saturday overtime, one per month (planned into their diary in advance)
- A bonus of up to £100 per retrofit or equipment upgrade sold to the customer
- Continuous training/development - Gas Safe/PASMA/ IPAF/ Harness Awareness/ P601
- Loyalty bonus scheme after 2 years of service
- Company Pension Scheme
Interested? To apply for this Field Service Engineer position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know