October 09, 2018
What does the outside world think of your company? Your employer branding and how it is portrayed controls the person that you hire.
Here are 7 quick tips: -
- Look at your website – what does it say about you? Imagine you were a potential candidate, what impression would you gain purely from your site? Do you look like an attractive company to work for? Compare your site to your competitors, who would you choose, why?
- Keep your social media pages up to date with images of your place of work if it’s appropriate. Also add awards, news, and team days out. Link your main site to your social media pages including your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
- What do your competitors say about themselves – how do you compare? Spend some time researching them on and off line. You can even set up google alerts which will notify you of any changes or news about them.
- Survey your staff. Get them to complete a quick questionnaire on what they like and dislike about working for your company, the results may surprise you! You can then use the results when promoting your business to potential candidates. You might find the smallest of things can make the biggest difference.
- News section on your website. Add relevant news about your industry and keep adding stories. This makes your site look current and up to date, making your company appear knowledgeable and a market leader.
- Look at your recruitment adverts, - does it make someone want to work for you? How is it actually perceived? Ask colleagues or friends for some honest feedback.
- How do your current recruiters, internal and external sell your company to the market? What do they say to explain certain key areas that would be important to the candidates?
Everyone who comes into contact with your business will have formed an opinion about whether your company is a positive place to work for. Whether they are past and current employees, suppliers or potential new employees. Therefore, your employee branding is very important and must be monitored and maintained to keep it fresh.
Precision has a step by step process we follow when working with our clients, including looking at a companies employer brand and how we can work together to improve it.
If you would like to have a chat about how we can help your business improve it's employer brand and deliver the candidates you need to make your business grow, contact us today on 0116 254 5411 or email email@example.com.