Sales Manager - UK and International - Electronics and Security
Location, Watford, St Albans, Luton, Aylesbury, Harlow, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Enfield, Hatfield
Salary - £45,000-70,000 DOE
Sector: CCTV, Electronics, Security
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this established, yet forward-thinking business.
The company has been in the high technology electronics business for more than 25 years and in that time has established a range of advanced products that are sold around the world.
At present their major focus is the development of a number of low cost radar products for the commercial security and safety markets. These include scanning radars for area coverage as well as static radars and microwave beam-break devices for perimeter protection. The products use innovative techniques, which together with a comprehensive suite of user interface software makes them very attractive in the marketplace.
They are currently looking for a Sales Manager to help them promote the products worldwide with distributors, resellers and installation companies. They are also starting to bid for larger projects with partners or collaborators.
The work involves:
- The ability to understand the various market requirements
- Establishing the best strategies to achieve sales in the different market areas
- Selecting, negotiating and then working well with potential partners
- Arranging and sometimes demonstrating the equipment
- Preparing technical and commercial quotations
- Collaborating with others in the company on larger tenders
In general the main marketing tools are exhibitions and their website, although in some cases they need to locate the right people to talk to in organisations with which they have not previously done business.
The ideal person should have a technical capability and the following background:
- At least ten years experience in the security business or with similar products
- An ability to communicate well with people
- A good judgement in balancing the technical and commercial risk and rewards
- An ability to discuss technical and commercial aspects with customers and partners
- A science or engineering degree or similar
- An ability to prepare technical proposals and review commercial contracts
- This role will involve travel throughout Europe (possibly the world) - generally 2 or 3 times per month
The salary will be in the range £50,000 to £70,000 depending on experience and ability. In addition, there is a company-wide profit share scheme.
Interested? Here are your three options:
- "This is the job for me! when can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Natalie Chapman on 0116 254 5411
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know.
- "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Sales, Engineering, Technical and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of Sales candidates in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of Sales roles from, Field Sales Executives, Sales & Marketing Managers, Internal Sales, Technical Sales Managers, Business Development Managers through to Sales Directors. We have many Sales roles around the throughout the UK, so get in touch today.