Engineering or Construction Installation Projects
Paying up to £35k per annum
Our established Engineering Manufacturing client is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager from an engineering installation, shop fitting or construction background to join their team based in south Leicester, Leicestershire.
Suitable job titles could also be Project Coordinator, Senior Project Engineer, Contract Engineer, Contract Manager, Installation Manager.
To manage multiple projects from order stage to final completion, including final payment, before handover to the after-sales department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Taking overall responsibility / management of ordered contracts and projects
- Responsible for management of all site activities incorporating Health & Safety
- Liaising with all internal departments to manage all elements of the contract
- Liaising with the customer and their agents on all elements of the contract
- Having responsibility for the Health & Safety of external sites
- Arranging and coordinating installation teams and wiring/commissioning teams
- Arranging and coordinating support services required during the contract; such as transportation and hire equipment
- Arranging and managing wiring & commissioning teams and all necessary support services required during the wiring & commissioning phase
- Providing the necessary site supervision required for contracts
- Visiting sites to progress contracts and troubleshoot problems
- Acting as quality agent/inspector for the site works and supporting documentation
- Collating financial performance of contracts and providing feedback for future contracts
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous experience of fully-managing all aspects of several projects at the same time, whilst being predominantly office based
- Construction, civil engineering or similar industry experience is required
- Preferably HNC or higher, qualified in an engineering or HVAC discipline
- Good communication skills with a range individuals; Customers to site operatives
- Well organised with very good administration discipline
- Understanding of technical drawings
- Computer literate in MS applications
- Health & Safety qualification or accreditation
- Starting salary of up to £35k per annum
- Company car
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Hols
- 39 hour working week (unless required to work on site)
- 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm finish Friday
Interested? To apply for this Project Manager position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now on 0116 2545411 and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Dan Henderson between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman up to Production Managers. We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton, so get in touch today.