Are you a skilled production supervisor with the ability to manage and develop your team within the precast/concrete industry? If yes, read on….
My client is an established firm in the precast concrete manufacturing sector, based in the North West and commutable from Wrexham, Mold, Chester and Buckley. They are currently looking for a skilled Production supervisor to ensure the smooth running of production of precast concrete on the site..
- Managing and developing a team of 8 operatives on-site
- To promote the highest Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- To supervise manpower, plant, machinery and materials to achieve cost, delivery and quality targets, whilst achieving customer satisfaction.
- To be responsible for the batching plant and to ensure that concrete mixes are consistently made to the required specification, strength and consistency.
- To ensure all daily scheduled maintenance and safety checks are carried out on all machinery and plants and report any defects through the pre-shift inspection sheet.
- To ensure that all items of plant, equipment, machinery and vehicles are operated safely and effectively at all times.
- To communicate between team members to ensure that issued drawings and production instructions are understood and successfully delivered.
- To ensure that all company procedures are followed at all times ensuring that all document control is adhered to.
- To assist with technical queries by both phone and email.
- To ensure that the workload is well managed, including when lone working.
- To ensure that all working areas including the production shed, mess room, yard, hardstanding and any other designated areas are in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- To support the Quality Control Team in any duties as requested by the Quality Control Manager or Operations Manager.
- To undertake any other projects or duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
Minimum Skills / Experience Required:
- Must have previous experience within heavy industry e.g. quarry/mining/plant/construction material or industrial manufacturing etc
- Demonstrated experience in managing/supervising a team of people
- Proven experience of communicating with people on all levels, including management and peers.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday ( bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Continuous training and development
Interested? To apply for this Production supervisor position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Shanice Vickers on 0116 4786969 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - firstname.lastname@example.org