The Role - Service Manager (National)
My client is looking to recruit a Service Manager, this is a critical role for the business and the successful candidate will become a member of the UK Management Team. You will have direct input into developing and implementing the strategy and business plan for the Company. You will have responsibility for implementing the Global Service Business Unit strategy in the UK. You will have 5 direct reports and overall responsibility for around 60% of the group business unit. There is a mandate for the right person to move, implement change and drive continuous improvement.
The successful Service Manager will be working for a leading manufacturer of Automation Machinery who are experiencing fantastic growth.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Key Skills / Qualifications Required
- Management and Development of the Service Business Unit
- Development and Growth of the Service Business (Revenue, Profitability & Customer Satisfaction) in the UK and Ireland Market.
- Development of the Service capabilities in the UK and Ireland
- Responsibility to ensure customer satisfaction through the continual focus on NPS and the achievement of all global leading and lagging indicators.
- Executes on After Sales service activities with team and support functions to ensure consistent achievement of targets aligned to strategic goals of Global organisation.
- Assign tasks to the local service team, reviews work, evaluates the performance against predetermined and aligned goals and provides feedback.
- Lead employees in the area of responsibility in accordance with superior and corporate guidelines, sets appropriate individual objectives aligned with the global strategy and targets.
- Develop the team by providing performance feedback, coaching and motivation; responsible for the planning and supports the completion of team training; assesses employees’ strengths and development needs and establishes personal development plans; holds constructive career development discussions
- Build up and maintains strong relationship between Sales, Finance and HR departments
To be considered for this position you will have a high level of education, preferably a University Degree in a Business related, Technical subject as well as the following:-
Interested? Here are your options
- Previous experience and proof of developing and growing a Service Department
- Experience of managing at the highest level and reporting directly to Directors and other members of the Board
- 3 to 5 years experience in a business to business field service environment, ideally you will also have a minimum of 3 years management experience where you will have directed and multiple field service professionals
- A proven track record in a service environment
- Basic business acumen and finance skills, understanding both customer satisfaction & financial drivers
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the specific region, occasionally outside
- Knowledge of Machinery, in particular Automation, Robotics, FMCG or Pharma
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.