Attractive Remuneration Package
Based East Midlands, easily commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, and the surrounding areas.
Are you a Technical Manager or Engineering Design manager? Alternatively are you a Senior Design Engineer or Senior Design Manager seeking that next step?
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Special Purpose Machinery which is widely used for manufacturing fabricated assemblies.They offer unrivalled products to a diverse number of markets including Aerospace, Rail, Oil & Gas, Defence & Infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to really drive innovation and NPI in an expanding engineering and technology business. They are an agile and innovative business who work with some of the largest multinational blue chip companies across the world.
The business is entering an exciting phase in their development with a mandate to grow and identify a Technical Manager who will be pivotal in making significant changes to the Engineering function.This is a key position reporting to the Managing Director and supported by an expert team of Engineers offering a complete service from machine design to manufacture, test and installation.
- Successfully operating as a member of the leadership team, take responsibility for the ongoing development and deployment of an operations strategy that will meet the goals of the business
- Providing leadership to staff in Design, Installation and Commissioning,and Manufacturing teams and ensuring the business attracts, develops and retains key talent
- Overseeing the day to day management of the design production, technical and supply chain functions ensuring the business excels in product quality and customer service
- To coordinate and manage engineering projects - delivering on time, within budget and meeting customer expectations.
- Ensuring the continued promotion of a positive culture to achieve good practice in terms of HSE And HR performance
- Promoting an environment where teamwork, open communication, continuous improvement and excellent customer service are maintained
What experience would you need to be considered?
- Hands-on Engineering Leadership of an SME manufacturing business
- Around 5-10 years of proven technical lead experience with a broad engineering background ideally gained in special purpose machinery,turnkey engineering solutions or bespoke engineering machinery.
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer with Mechanical design experience, ideally with an Engineering Degree,or demonstrable track record of success operating in a manufacturing, engineering/assembly environment ideally gained in an industry related sector.
Call Sandy Seta, Head of Practice on 0116 2545411 or apply now to arrange a call to understand more about this role.