The Role: Software Engineer
Due to an increase in business and growth, my client are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join their existing team in the development of existing and new products. Working within the Software team you will be responsible for developing control system software for complex machines, shop floor data management applications, automation and robotics. The work is varied and covers a range of software skills, from front end interfaces to PLC logic. There is also an R&D element to the role, so an imaginative approach can be required
An acknowledged World market leader in the development and manufacture of machining systems, working at the cutting edge of technology providing bespoke solutions to their clients across a breadth of industries.
The Right Person
- Working as part of a team developing components that support advanced machine technologies.
- Customise configuration to customers specification.
- Perform code reviews and testing.
- Perform product testing on your own and third party code
- Write and maintain development documentation such as specifications, test plans and design documentation.
- Help lead incremental change and improvement in the software function as we look to adopt better working practises.
The successful Software Engineer will ideally be a degree qualified software engineer with a minimum of 5 years professional experience as well as the following key skills:
- Familiarity with software components from ASF and Eclipse
- Working in an existing coding base
Interested? Here are your three options
- Excellent collaboration skills both with the software team and as part of a cross functional engineering group
- Strong understanding of software design and testing
- Clear picture of what good looks like in software development and how to get there
- A genuine Interest in engineering, automation and robotics
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster on between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email email@example.com with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.