The Role - Senior Design Engineer
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer / Manager to join their team to deliver design and engineering support activities. Occasional travel UK/International so a full clean driving licence and international passport are required. Ideally you will take over the management of the design office. Progression to Director level is possible for the right candidate
My client is a leading manufacturer of Special Purpose Machinery which is widely used for manufacturing Electrical Coils, Cable and Conductors. Employing an expert team of Engineers offering a complete service from machine design to manufacture, test and installation.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Machinery design including detail and assembly drawings
- Design machinery ‘fit for purpose’ / to meet specifications
- Working within budgets
- Understand quality requirements and the implications
- Specification writing, manuals, BOM’s, etc.
- Machinery design calculations
- CE marking / Health and Safety compliance
- Manage the design activities and personnel
- Project management if required
- On time delivery of designs and projects
- Meeting suppliers
- Control research and development activities
- Working with Sales team / meeting customers both in the office and at customer premises (not always in the UK)
- Working with purchasing department, production and the shopfloor
The successful Senior Design Engineer will ideally have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification or experience as well as the the following attributes:-
Desirable but not compulsory skills
- Broad engineering background ideally gained in special purpose machinery, turnkey engineering solutions or bespoke engineering machinery
- Broad Engineering knowledge, which is confidently and credibly delivered at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure delivering multiple engineering projects at different stages.
- Proven track record in managing engineering projects - delivering on time, within budget and meeting customer expectations.
- Hands on and able to build credible relationships with Sales, Production and Installation & Commissioning.
- Motivational leader, with experience of managing, coaching and developing high performing teams.
- Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
- Familiar with Quality and H&S ideally worked with ISO and standards.
- Fully compliant and experienced in 3 D / Cad packages, ideally Solidworks
- MRP Systems exposure
Interested? Here are your options
- Controls engineering knowledge would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Estimating would be an advantage but not a requirement
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.