£30k - £35K
Fantastic Benefits Package
Portsmouth, Winchester, Southampton, Chichester
My client is a market leading service provider for the construction and maintenance of maritime infrastructure. If you are looking to work for a big corporate organisation that will give you stability and autonomy please read on.
You will have at least 2 years experience with a Quantity Surveying degree level qualification or equivalent. The successful candidate shall report direct to the Contracts Manager, and have commercial responsibility of projects from feasibility/scoping to final accounts. You will assist the Contract Support Engineer, Business Unit Manager, and Project Manager with contractual and administrative matters relating to the execution of the contract and associated activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Providing commercial and contractual support to the Project Manager.
● Financial reporting to senior management.
● Procuring and managing subcontractors.
● Reviewing Tender and handover files, informing the Contract Support Engineer and project team of any potential contractual areas of concern.
● As and when / if required assisting the Project Manager and Project Controllers with the preparation of the baseline project BCR.
● Assisting the Project Manager and Project Controllers with the preparation of the project BCR's throughout the course of a project - specifically advising on potential revenues issues Additional works, claims, counterclaims, etc.
● Assisting the Project Manager during Contract execution and advising / assisting with aspects of contractual administration, including record keeping, monitoring variations, valuing variations / additional work, notice of claims, preparation and updating of Programs etc.
● In consultation with Project Manager and Cost Controller, prepare and submit monthly valuations and forecasts, including attending valuation meetings as necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
● Marine experience, preferably including some marine civil engineering.
● Commercial and contractual awareness.
● Computer literate including the use of Excel.
● Programming skills
● Basic knowledge of company insurances
● Ability to forecast.
● Site based project experience.
● Excellent verbal/English skills.
Precision Recruitment posts this Quantity Surveyor role, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Construction and Sales Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of Sales Professionals in fantastic new roles. Precision cover the whole spectrum of Construction and Building products. We have many roles throughout the UK so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Quantity Surveyor Position, here are your two options:
1. This is the job for me! When can I start? - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Ben Marmon on 0116 254 5411 between 8am - 5.30pm.
2. I think I'm right for this position, but need to know more to see if it matches what I am looking for - Click apply now so I can read your CV and let you know.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.