This is a great opportunity for a Quality Manager in Derbyshire which is commutable from Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Mansfield, Kirby in Ashfield, Sutton in Ashfield, Alfreton, Matlock, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Ripley.
£ Competitive Salary, negotiable depending on experience.
The successful Quality Manager will be working for an employer who:
are an impressive manufacturing facility that provide a first tier supply into global aerospace, defence, nuclear & power generation
specialise in machining complex components from a range of exotic and aerospace alloys
This challenging Quality Manager role will have the following responsibilities:
- Determine, negotiate and agree in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- Assess customer requirements, ensure compliance and set appropriate service standards
- Investigate and set standards for quality and the management of quality across the business
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards and legislation at both national and international level
- Work with operating staff to establish processes, standards, systems and procedures
- Represent the Quality Function within the business Management team structure to identify improvement and ensure prompt implementation of identified actions
- Determine training and development needs of the Quality team and the wider training requirements for the business with regard to quality
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality to maximise profitability
- Gather, analyse, record and distribute statistical information with regard to quality and the quality management system
- Represent the business and manage 3rd Party and Customer audit requirements
- Represent the business in all Quality related Customer and Supplier
- Specify and implement Purchasing requirements to ensure that Supplier approval, management and continual improvement activities are completed
- Act as management representative in regard to environmental issues and in respect to the introduction and application of ENV 14001.
- Develop all written management systems (including ISO9001, AS9100, ENV14001 & ISO18001) into a single Business Management System thereby minimising administration and audit costs.
The successful Quality Manager should have the following experience and skills:
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Pro-active outlook and keen to improve the organisation with a demonstrable impact to the profitability
- Degree level calibre with an appropriate technical or business related qualification
- Quality Management experience within Aerospace, Nuclear and Automotive industries (minimum 2 of 3 - Aerospace essential)
- Minimum 10 years experience in a Quality management role
- Extensive experience of working in an Manufacturing Engineering environment
- Analytical with an attention to detail
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to create and nurture a Team, providing sound leadership and decision making
- Working knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis and applicable customer and 3rd party standard requirements
About Precision Recruitment
This Quality Manager role is posted by Precision Recruitment, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Construction and Sales Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision cover the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Design Engineers, Quality Managers and Production Managers.
We have many engineering and sales roles around the UK so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Quality Manager position, here are your three options:
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
3. "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email
with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Ref: Quality Manager