Quality Engineer / Quality Manager
Engineering / Automation Industry
Leicester - LE4 - Day Shifts
Up to £45k per annum
Package is dependent on level of suitable experience
Our established machine manufacturing client is currently looking for a Quality Engineer / Manager to join their team to control/manage the quality activities within the business.
This is a new position to support purchasing and manufacturing, and also to create the required quality systems that will enable them to do business with a number of prominent customers.
This is a key position reporting to the Managing Director. Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Derby and Nottingham.
- Creation of suitable and relevant quality systems and documentation
- Working within budgets
- On-time delivery of documentation
- Meeting and working with suppliers
- Working with Sales team/meeting customers at both the company and customer premises (not always in the UK)
- Working with the purchasing department, production and the shopfloor
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Broad engineering background ideally gained in special-purpose machinery, turnkey engineering solutions or bespoke engineering machinery
- Ability to create quality systems in line with ISO requirements and take ownership of all quality issues to full resolution
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer/Bsc/BEng/Msc or knowledge that can be demonstrated through work experience
- Able to grasp the companies engineering concepts quickly in order to hit the ground running
- Ability to work under pressure delivering multiple engineering projects at different stages
- Proven track record in managing systems/documentation - delivering on time and meeting customer expectations
- Hands-on and able to build credible relationships with all departments within the business
- Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organised with the ability to work unsupervised
- Motivational leader, with experience of managing, coaching and developing high performing teams
- Clear, concise and consistent communicator
- Reliable, open and transparent style, with the ability to build honest and trustful relationships quickly
- Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm
- A commercial mindset that understands the true meaning of customer service
- Occasional travel required (UK and International), full clean driving licence and a valid passport required
- High level of IT Literacy
- MRP Systems exposure
- Salary on offer of between £35k and £45k per annum
- Starting salary is dependent on level of experience within a similar role
- Onsite parking
- Day shift
Interested? To apply for this Quality Engineer / Quality Manager position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Dan Henderson on between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman up to Production Managers. We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton, so get in touch today.