Up to £35k per annum
Mon-Fri Days OX16
Office Based role with UK Occasional Travel
UK Driving Licence Essential
33 days holiday, Extensive Training, Pension
We are recruiting a Technical Applications Engineer to work for a successful market leader within their industry, who are a provider of weighing, X-Ray and detection technology for the food industry.
The individual will be office based but required to visit customers who have been pre-qualified by the Sales Team. This person will use their technical knowledge and experience to answer questions about the performance and specification of the product to customers, clients and internal sales departments.
This role is commutable from Banbury, Brackley, Oxford, Bicester, Towcester and Buckingham.
The Role of Technical Applications Engineer:
Providing technical and applications support to customers throughout the UK on a wide range of machinery for food industry such as check weighers, X-rays and metal detection technology:
- Responding to application-based technical enquiries
- Generating internal documentation to clearly communicate the customers’ requirements with other internal departments
- Overseeing customer orders
- Representing the external customer and ensuring that key requirements have been met
- Troubleshooting technical problems and assisting customers and the sales team with technical support over the phone and in person
- Must hold a Technical Qualification or Engineering Qualification / Apprenticeship within a relevant discipline such as Electrical or Mechanical (Degree, HNC, HND, Apprenticeship etc.) or time-served experience in a hands-on practical position
- Willing to travel to customer sites UK wide when required
- Experience in a customer-facing position liaising with clients and customers
- A practical understanding of Machinery Standards eg: CE, Risk Assessments, PUWER, Machine Safety would be highly desirable
- Understanding of food handling or FMCG machinery or equipment would be highly desirable
- Within 20 miles of the company office in Banbury
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to their own vehicle
- Salary £30,000-£35,000 per annum DOE
- 08:45 to 16:45 Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Access to Pool Vehicle / Fuel Card for customer visits
- Company Phone and Laptop
- Extensive training on state of the art machinery
Interested? To apply for this Applications Engineer position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - firstname.lastname@example.org