This is a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer in Derbyshire which is commutable from Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Mansfield, Kirby in Ashfield, Sutton in Ashfield, Alfreton, Matlock, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Ripley.
£ Competitive Salary, negotiable depending on experience.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will be working for an employer who:
are an impressive manufacturing facility that provide a first tier supply into global aerospace, defence, nuclear & power generation
specialise in machining complex components from a range of exotic and aerospace alloys
This challenging Manufacturing Engineer role will have the following responsibilities:
- The provision of manufacturing routes that meet both the customer design requirements and the estimated standards used to define the commercial aspects of the components or assembly
- Use CADCAM software to create models and NC programs for the machinery of complex products.
- Support machinists during the initial running of these programs and provide advice and guidance throughout product manufacture.
- Define stage drawings in support of the manufacturing route
- Define and provide tooling information and drawings to support the NC program and maximise the productivity of the machine tools to be used
- Provide support for rework or salvage schemes as required by the business
- To drive continuous improvement activities within the manufacturing team and provide cost saving activities designed to improve production or process.
- Provide feedback on machine tool improvements and opportunities that would enhance the business model
The successful Manufacturing Engineer should have the following experience and skills:
- Time served knowledge in the field of complex machining
- Experience of product and process development
- Experience with both milling and turning to include 5 - axis milling
- Strong CADCAM modelling and programming experience.
- Ability to communicate verbally and using all forms of written media
- Forward thinker with a strong process mentality
- Decision maker able to work independently and as part of the engineering team
- Must have the ability to challenge the current methods of manufacture in order to improve processes
- Quality orientated, and committed to supporting right first time.
- Awareness of the financial requirements that will drive business decisions
- Flexible and capable of performing tasks and duties as required by the business to meet the business need
About Precision Recruitment
This Manufacturing Engineer role is posted by Precision Recruitment, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Construction and Sales Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision cover the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Design Engineers, Quality Managers and Production Managers.
We have many engineering and sales roles around the UK so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Manufacturing Engineer position, here are your three options:
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
3. "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email
with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Ref: Manufacturing Engineer