Title - Rollingstock Engineer
Location - Leeds
Shifts - Continental shift
Salary - £31,500 basic and after 6 months service your basic will rise to £36,000 pension holidays overtime extensive training
Additional package - x10 training modules to complete worth £1,500 each in bonuses
Ross Marvin is proud to be working with and representing a worldwide, £1.5b business with over 7,500 employees that, through its 100's of sites, operates across the majority of the United States, Mexico, all over Europe, United Kingdom and Australia.
They hold the monopoly in the UK & Europe - they are powerhouse in their industry. Not only are they the largest & successful successful business in their sector but also one of the quickest growing.
Over 3,000 global customers have partnered with this business due to their unrivalled service, innovative solutions and forward thinking approach.
- As the Rollingstock Engineer, you will be responsible and accountable for the general upkeep and maintenance of a variety for diesel railway vehicles
- You'll be carrying out exams on the freight vehicles, everything from 'Exam A through to G' all of which get more complex and in depth.
'Exam A' focuses on more of a visual inspection and general soundness. Such as; oil top ups and wiper checks, through to checking for cracks etc.
'Exam G' which takes a months to complete, is really indepth and involves a FULL strip down including the engine!
- 60% is planned work
- Mechanical work is 80% of the role - removing, stripping down, fault finding, greasing and replace parts like pumps, wheels, mechanical assemblies, filters and so on
- 20% Electrical; reading electrical drawings, fault finding with multimeter and identify faults on electrical items such as wiring, motors, modules, cards and so on
- I am looking for someone who is happy to work in Leeds.
You may be local, commutable from other cities or willing to relocate
- NVQ level 3 required
- Electrically capable of reading electrical schematics and fault finding up to 415v
- Any background, ideally rollingstock/rail/locomotive, HGV or heavy plant
Precision People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.