Lift Test Engineer
Commutable from: London or home counties
Reporting to: General Manager
Division: Test Department
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE) Overtime Call-Out Benefits
To test a range of passenger lifts to the highest engineering and safety standards, and in accordance with the requirements set out in Test sheet.
- Ensure every lift you test is carried out to the highest engineering and safety standards and also in accordance with BS8486. No lift will be handed over where there is a concern over product safety or the safety of the end user due to non-product concerns.
- No CE marked lift will be modified without the written approval of the OEM.
- Tests sheets and all accompanying paperwork should be returned within 2 days of completed test.
- Forms must be completed based on quality of installation, training issues recorded database.
- Any part of installation subject to dynamic testing must be checked and adjusted prior post dynamic test in accordance with OEM guidance notes.
- During testing phase of installation tester is senior site representative empowers testers to direct all site labour as to what is required with regard to quality standards and safe systems of work.
- List of items left with installer detailing what is required, copy also sent to Contracts Manager.
- The Test Engineer will be expected to undertake any duties within their capacity to meet the needs of the business and/or the Test Department function including Technical items/issues
- Hold an NVQ 4 qualification in Testing of Passenger Lifts.
- Knowledge of construction sites and building process.
- Read & understand a wide range of construction drawings - builders, architects, engineers.
- Previous role as a Tester, testing a range of passenger lifts - traction and hydraulic.
- A sound understanding of Lifts Directives and Building Standards.
- Must be good at organising site visits so that they are efficiently planned
- Customer focused - good at communicating with customers verbally, on the telephone, by email
- Ability to work well unsupervised - linked to being a well organised and good at time management
- Company Pension
- Oyster card, fuel, parking
- 25 days paid holiday
- Overtime available.
- Company van
Interested? To apply for the Lift Test Engineer position (reference Job I.D - 52599) here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start? Call now and let's talk through your experience
Ask for Ben Marmon on 01162545411 8am - 5pm or drop me an email on email@example.com - I will get back to you ASAP.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Technical, Engineering, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of technical candidates in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of technical roles from Design Engineers, Service Managers, Mechanical Service Engineers, up to Maintenance and Production Managers. We have many technical roles both in the Midlands and throughout the UK, so get in touch today.