Head of Procurement
Attractive Remuneration Package
Our client is a leading manufacturer and subcontractor of special purpose machinery and metal fabricated components. They offer unrivalled products to a diverse number of markets including Aerospace, Rail, Oil & Gas, Defence & Infrastructure.
This is a fast paced role, covering all categories of spend areas and to develop and improve working relationships with suppliers in support of the company's purchasing strategy.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a similar purchasing role, and ideally have experience within the Manufacturing Industry.
What experience would you need to be considered?
- Oversee all purchasing and tracking of spend to budget of buying engineering parts, materials and indirect services.
- Manage the internal purchasing process and the placing of orders with external suppliers, keeping track of goods inwards deliveries to the schedule
- Review purchase requests, and ensure approval is in place for large spend items before discussions and negotiations commence.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for the business to make immediate and long-term cost savings.
- Improve the systems & processes in support of better stock management to help improve production efficiency, this includes maintaining minimum and maximum stock levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate efficiently with suppliers, customers and all areas of the business
- Engineering knowledge and experience of buying in an engineering environment
- Experience of ISO 9001 or Quality Assurance advantageous
- Computer literate with clean drivers license.
- Good commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Experience of Manufacturing/Stores/Drawing office environment and associated procedures
Apply now or arrange a call to understand more about this role.