Senior Financial Controller/MD Designate
c£65,000 - £75,000 (DOE) bonus, pension, 25 days holiday bank holidays
As the successful Senior Financial Controller you’ll love the challenge of working in an SME, you’re the person who provides clarity and asks the tough questions, balancing the needs of the UK business and connecting the commercial and operational functions. The Senior Financial Controller will provide sound financial reporting, critical information and crucially play an important role in key decision making.
You will assume responsibility for all financial accounting, financial processes, and controls within the business. You will be responsible for maintaining adequate records and accounts.
You will also:
- Be responsible for business forecasts for revenue and cash flow
- Oversee Audit and Tax management
- Monitor and protect Sales Margins
- Identify any potential cost saving opportunities
- Oversee spend and challenge the value related to all costs
Market leading engineering, manufacturing and installer of high quality solutions for Industrial and Power applications, who require a progressive, enthusiastic communicator with experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment, to take on the newly created role of Senior Financial Controller at our Leicestershire office. The business is growing, and the expectation is to continue with steady and solid growth, built on an established foundation. This is a key role for the business, and as a result we will:
- Value your opinion and give you the autonomy to maximise the role
- Offer you a place in the Senior Management Team and a direct reporting line to the MD as well as a dotted line to our Group CFO
- Welcome you into a small but passionate team
- Expose you to the wider business and encourage you to support and challenge the senior team
- Offer career progression into either FD or MD in the very near future
- Provide an opportunity within a business that can evidence a healthy order book, job security (cash rich business) and the opportunity for the successful individual to make their mark - this is almost a blank canvass to write your own guidelines and run this function the way you see fit
Ultimately you already demonstrate a proven track record in a Finance position or as a Financial Controller from a manufacturing or engineering environment, managing a small team, ideally for an SME business (circa £10m-£25m t/o). You will also have:
- A recognised financial qualification, ideally CIMA or ACCA though we will happily talk to people who are QBE
- An understanding of business success through financial results, to provide analysis to Management and Operations, to demonstrate issues and opportunities faced by the business
- The ability to manage own workload and work independently to meet wider team/group deadlines and requirements
- The confidence and accuracy to review and reconcile work of other team members and provide training where required
- Experience of different financial systems and proven experience with system implementation
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- It is likely you will have previously shown strong analytical and communication skills, managed a Finance Team whilst interacting with a Global Group of Companies and with a variety of key stakeholders
- It is also likely that you would have undertaken one of the following roles: Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Senior Management Accountant, Director of Finance, Finance and Commercial Manager, Group Finance Manager, Group Financial Controller
The ideal candidate will:
- have the ability to lead and run a business and build relationships
- be energetic and enthusiastic
- must have vision and ambition
- be a strong communicator
- not possess a dictatorial style of communicating, but more the innate ability to influence by 'helping/suggesting'
- be prepared to 'get hands dirty' mentality, level headed and willing to 'get involved'
- won't shy away from difficult situations or conversations with other staff but is still diplomatic in approach
- have a process improvement background - implement new systems and processes, someone that can identify weaknesses/gaps in the business or a gap in process and implement a solution (for example cost control and formal sign off processes)
- think strategically, and demonstrate how they can make tomorrow look better than today
- ideally come from a manufacturing/engineering sector background
- have the opportunity to train further, for example funded MBA
Interested? Click 'apply' now for an immediate interview!