MECHANICAL CALIBRATION ENGINEER
MECHANICAL INSTRUMENTATION AND TESTING
UP TO £30,000 STARTING SALARY
SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
MON-FRI DAY SHIFTS - SOUTH LEICESTER
FULL UK CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE ESSENTIAL
TRAINING PROVIDED, EARLY FINISH FRIDAY
Are you a mechanical engineer with test or calibration experience? If so then please read on…
Precision People is proud to work with a leading specialist in their chosen field. Due to recent growth, they are looking to expand their team of engineers and grow their test team. You will receive manufacturers training to familiarise yourself with their products and processes as soon as you join the company. Once trained you'll be calibrating and repairing test instrumentation, devices and equipment. You'll also have the chance to travel to customer sites as well as provide ongoing support on their products. The ideal candidate will be a calibration engineer with experience of working with mechanical instrumentation.
Commutable from South Leicester, Wigston, Oadby, Blaby, Whetstone and surrounding areas.
Current job roles could include: Test engineer, Calibration Engineer or Quality Inspector
The Role of Calibration Engineer
Key Candidate Requirements
- Mechanical testing and calibrating a range of devices and equipment for specialist engineering and manufacturing industries
- Fault diagnosis and repair of equipment returned from customers
- Calibration of all types of instrumentation to UKAS
- Record keeping of test results via specialist software and Microsoft Excel
- Travel to customer sites across the region and on occasion further afield
- Additional training and development is available depending on experience.
Package and Benefits
- 2 years of experience as an mechanical test engineer or quality inspector
- Previous test and inspection of mechanical components experience is highly desirable
- Confident using Microsoft Excel and creating formulas in spreadsheets
- Must have experience using measuring tools such as verniers, callipers, gauges, torque wrenches, drivers or similar
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Keen to further develop your skills and work as part of a friendly and welcoming team.
- Full, clean and current driving licence (essential)
- Candidate must have the full right to work in the UK
- Lives within a commutable distance to Blaby
- Monday-Friday 39 hour week, day shifts with an early finish on Friday
- Salary £22,000-£30,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Overtime available
- In-house training and company support structure
- Access to fleet vehicles for occasional site visits
- Accommodation and allowances provided for site visits
Interested? To apply for this Calibration Engineer position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Shanice Vickers on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - firstname.lastname@example.org