Machine Safety Engineer/ Senior Consultant
Engineering Risk - Consultancy Role
UK based - working from home / remote working
Company based in Leicestershire
20-30% Travel to Client Sites
£60-£65k DOE Bonus 25 Days Holiday Pension Benefits
Engineering & Manufacturing Sectors - DSEAR & ATEX Compliance / Machinery Safety Compliance / PUWER
Precision People are proud to be working with one of the UK's most respected and fastest growing Engineering Risk, Health and Safety consultancies in the UK. Specialising predominantly in the engineering and manufacturing sectors they are incredibly well respected, industry leading experts in their field. Their client base and project scope are varied, but they always deliver a world class service, which is why some of the world's most recognisable brands have trusted them for over a quarter of a century.
Working to identify, understand and assess risk before problems arise is a large part of what they do. This could be as part of a capex investment process, new legislation, or as ongoing support to industry. They also complete complex, forensic accident investigation and reporting which are used in the British courts and tribunals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking, passionate mechanical engineer to join a growing business.
The Role will Involve:
- Consulting with and being an expert to your clients throughout the process. You will need an excellent understanding of a wide range of legislation including ATEX, DSEAR and PUWER.
- Completing machinery risk assessments, audits and gap analysis on a clients site and processes.
- Devising bespoke and comprehensive corrective action plans to ensure the client's brief is met.
- Working closely with a range of manufacturing and engineering companies within their machine shop function.
- Extensive Health and Safety experience within the engineering and manufacturing sector, with a specialism in mechanical engineering, machinery safety, hazardous area classification and compliance to a variety of legislation.
- Working on a variety of projects for different clients at any given time.
- Working from home with 20-30% based on customer sites around the UK.
What we are looking for in the Candidate:
- Qualifications are key to this role. You MUST have a high level of qualification / professional accreditation. This could be:
- Chartered mechanical engineer.
- A degree, ideally a masters or a doctorate in mechanical engineering.
- An understanding of CE Marking, Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC/ PUWER Assessments
- Machinery Risk Assessments
- Excellent communicator as you will be client facing for most of your role.
- Experienced in expert investigation and reporting.
- Full driving licence, as there will be travel to clients' sites.
What we can offer the successful candidate:
- Unique opportunity to be a key member of one of the fastest growing consultancies in its sector.
- This role would suit an individual who wants to move from management to a consultancy role.
- Varied and professionally challenging role.
- An opportunity to develop and introduce new ideas.
- Excellent package and benefits.
- £60-£65k dependant on experience
- 25 Days Holiday stats
- Matched 5% Pension Benefits
- Company hire car for customer visits
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship can be offered for this role.
Here are your three options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Emma Gilmore on 0116 254 5411 between 8am - 5.30pm
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know.
- "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.