The Role: CAD Technician (2D)
The purpose of the role is to undertake design duties and deliver to time / quality and budget. You will ensure that industry and safety standards are complied with in the process. The position provides great opportunities for skills development, training and career growth.
An independent company where everyone has the opportunity within their role to contribute to its success and shine, a company that recognises that everyone has their own talents and skills and likes to make the most of each individual’s strengths. Fully Industry accredited, using the world’s best hardware and latest technology in their area of expertise.
The Right Person
- Produce CAD drawings using AutoCAD (LT) or Draftsight in order to meet agreed specifications
- Ensure compliance with all Quality Assurance Procedures and current legislation / standards.
- Investigate any problems with site installations and make modifications if required
- Review proposed specifications, designs and delivery of multi-disciplinary engineering associated with Projects. Responsible for the acceptance and "sign off" of these documents
The successful CAD Technician will be a Competent user of 2D AutoCAD, preferably educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in electrical engineering as well as possessing the following key skills:
Interested? Here are your three options
- Experience using a 2D CAD Package, in particular AutoCAD (LT)
- Previous experience creating wiring diagrams and Circuit Board Design
- A background in Rail, telecommunications, CCTV, communication systems or similar environments
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster on between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email email@example.com with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.