Head of Design
Competitive Basic Salary
Based East Midlands, easily commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, and the surrounding areas.
Are you a Design Manager or Engineering Design manager? Alternatively are you a Senior Design Engineer or Senior Design Manager seeking that next step?
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Special Purpose Machinery.They offer unrivalled products to a diverse number of markets including Aerospace, Rail, Oil & Gas, Defence & Infrastructure.
The business is entering an exciting phase in their development with a mandate to grow and identify a Head of Design who will be pivotal in making significant contribution to the Design function.This is a key position reporting to the Operations Director and supported by an expert team of Engineers offering a complete service from machine design to manufacture, test and installation.
- Proven track record in design of special purpose machinery.
- Broad engineering knowledge gained from working within a special purpose machinery environment.
- Motivational leader, with experience of managing, coaching, and developing teams.
- Ability to work under pressure delivering multiple engineering projects at different stages.
- Commercial experience to enable designs to be brought in on budget.
- Successfully operating as a member of the leadership team, take responsibility for the ongoing development and deployment of a design strategy that will meet the goals of the Business
- Able to grasp design engineering concepts quickly to hit the ground running.
- Accurate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solver, decisive and creative thinker.
- Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Clear, concise, and consistent communicator.
- Reliable, open, and transparent style, with ability to build honest and trustful relationships quickly.
- Lead by example.
Call Sandy Seta, Head of Practice on 0116 2545411 or apply now to arrange a call to understand more about this role.