Health & Safety Officer
£30k per annum
Our established engineering client is currently looking for a H&S Officer / H&S Consultant with a background in manufacturing to join their team. Based in the B8 area of Birmingham. Commutable from Solihull, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Coventry, Nuneaton, Leicestershire and Derbyshire.
The successful applicant will have gained experience from working in Health and Safety practices
within a manufacturing environment for a number of years.
- Provide induction of new employees also issue, maintain and monitor PPE
- Be responsible for developing good practice and driving the staff cultural vision and values through appropriate training and communications
- Cross-reference training records for all employees with Risk Assessments
- Provide assistance in all aspects of Health and Safety e.g. assisting and giving support with Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Group H&S meetings with workforce representatives maintaining the Companies remit of maintaining ISO 14001 and 18000 Certification
- Diarising and Renewals of Plant and Machinery Service Contracts
- Diarising and Renewals of Motor Vehicles MOT, Tax, Servicing also Maintenance Records
- Work with an advisory body in all aspects of H&S
- Occupational Health and referrals
- Work closely and effectively with the senior management team to ensure the H&S and business strategy are aligned
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous experience as a Health & Safety Officer within a manufacturing environment
- IOSH or NEBOSH accreditation required
- Excellent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Excel
- Must have a clean UK Driving License and own transport
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Onsite parking
- Salary circa £30k
Interested? To apply for this Health and Safety position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Dan Henderson on between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman up to Production Managers. We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton, so get in touch today.