Field Service Engineer – M4 Corridor with Eventual International Travel (Mainly European)
Working on Breakdowns, Routine Service and Installation of New Machinery
c£42.5k – 47.5k Car or Car Allowance Overtime Paid Door to Door
Electro-Mechanical Maintenance of Bespoke, Complex Test Equipment – Including PLC and 3 Phase Electrical Systems, Hydraulics and Servo-Hydraulics
Precision Recruitment is delighted to be working with the market-leading designer and manufacturer of bespoke test equipment on a retained basis. Our client design, manufacture, install, commission, service and maintain complex machinery used in the test and development of new components and materials.
Supplying some of the most well-known businesses in the world including Formula 1 teams, Airbus and Boeing. We are looking to recruit a field service engineer to focus on the M4 corridor, with some international travel (when permitted).
What the Role will Involve:
- Working to a pre-defined maintenance schedule you will be servicing and conducting preventative maintenance on the test rigs.
- Responding to breakdowns.
- Involved with the installation, commissioning and calibration of new and existing rigs.
- Fault finding to component level on complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Mechanically you will be working on hydraulics, assemblies and sub-assemblies, moving parts, bearings, gearboxes etc.
- Electrically you will be working on single and three-phase PLC controlled systems. There is also a lot of instrumentation contained within the rigs to gather and log the data.
- Home-based, your patch will predominantly be the south of the UK, covering the M4 corridor, home counties and the south-east. There will be some international travel when restrictions have been lifted. Travel will be predominantly European.
What we are looking for in the Candidate:
- Experienced service and maintenance engineer backed up with an engineering qualification.
- Multi-skilled, with some PLC experience.
- Happy with international travel.
- Full, valid UK driving licence.
- Based in the South of England to be near or on your patch.
What we can offer the Candidate:
- Excellent remuneration package.
- Training and development on the products.
- Ability to get involved with installation and commissioning.
To be considered for this role you must be able to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship can be offered for this role.
Please hit ‘apply now’ or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.