Test Engineer - Electrical
Due to continued growth of the business, my client have a need for an additional Test Engineer to join their existing team. The successful person will be part of a highly skilled team, responsible for providing both field and office support for transmission underground cable systems. This role is based from home and will require some European travel (about 20%), typical working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and a Company Vehicle and Phone will be provided.
My client are a Worldwide Company that provide lifecycle management services for the electricity industry. Their expertise in engineering, testing and inspection is trusted by their Worldwide client base. They employ over 1000 engineers and technical experts.
The Right Person
- To provide engineering field and office support for transmission underground cable systems
- Perform high voltage electrical testing and diagnosis on transmission class cable systems
- Perform other low voltage testing, inspection and engineering services in the field and lab environments
- Conduct and manage products
- Coordinate equipment maintenance, inventory and transport of test equipment to and from job-site.
- Develop technical work instructions, collect test data and write technical test reports
The successful Test Engineer will be educated to degree level or studying Electrical Engineering towards a bachelors degree as well as having a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the discipline of various substation equipment services. You will also have knowledge in the following areas:
Interested? Here are your options:
- Power, transmission and distribution systems
- Electrical prints, schematics and single-line diagrams
- Substation components e.g. transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, arresters, switches, automation, insulated power cables, overhead line conductors and insulators
- Metering instrumentation hardware and software
- Substation equipment and their functions
- Electrical hazards, limits of approach and working near live equipment
- Experience in advanced electrical testing is preferred
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.