The ideal Electrical Expert Witness will have the following duties and responsibility;
You will be willing to take on immediate responsibility Involving site visits, document review and ultimately the production of expert reports that will be used to aid clients, their legal representatives or the court in matters relating to electronics and electrical engineering. This will include:
- Advising in relation to compliance with current legislative requirements, best practice and fitness for purpose;
- Conducting site inspections and practical investigations of electronic products to understand and advise on any related failure;
- Presenting all findings in a report and, in some cases, attending court to provide your opinions in person.
The quality of outputs will determine opportunities for future progression for the candidate.
Ideally the candidate will have a diverse background, but the most important thing is to have a problem-solving mindset. This is because they will sometimes need to look at things they are not immediately familiar with, but which they can find a solution to through research based on the experience they do have. Examples of the subjects which will require investigation are:
- Electronic Components
- Audio/Recording Technology
- Electronic Systems and Products Analysis for Fitness for Purpose
- Forensic Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Hazards and Safety
- Site Wiring Inspections
- Electrical Machine Failure Investigations
- Electric Shock
- Metering Disputes/Illegal Extraction
- Standards Compliance and Wiring Regulations
The successful Electrical Expert Witness will be working for an employer who will provide you with the following;
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Opportunities for progression based on performance
As the successful Expert Witness must have significant experience in the following;
- 5 year(s) experience in professional environment related to electronics and electrical engineering; and/or
- Specific experience as an industry consultant or Senior Authorised Person.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- A solid understanding of electronics and electrical engineering as well as knowledge of industry legislation (e.g. BS7671 "IEE Wiring Regulations") and best practice;
- Critical thinking & problem solving;
- Proactive, adaptable mindset with a willingness to work independently or as part of a team depending on current requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good English/Maths/General IT skills.
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a related technical field;
- Experience in other technical industries;
- Projects / Programme Management;
- Technology Projects Delivery;
- Legal training or experience;
- Understanding of computing concepts;
- Client-facing business experience.
About Precision Recruitment
This Laboratory Manager role is posted by Precision Recruitment, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of Engineering Consultants in fantastic new roles.
We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Electrical Expert Witness Position, here are your three options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Reena Tailor on 0116 254 5411 between 8am - 5pm
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
- "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system
Ref: Electrical Expert Witness