To provide a full secretarial service to between 1 and 3 senior managers. Proactively takes responsibility for the diary management and logistical arrangements of exec/ manager(s), by using initiative and forward thinking. Requires high level of business awareness. May be required to travel with manager(s). • Make travel arrangements, both within the UK and overseas, including flights, rail tickets, hire cars and hotels, using initiative to ensure all aspects of travel are effectively coordinated with minimal direction from manager. Produce full itinerary.
• Control several electronic diaries, arrange and support meetings at all levels. Understand where preparation time is required before meetings, and understand which meetings take priority over others.
• Co-ordinate arrangements as requested, for a variety of meetings (internally and externally), assemble appropriate material (eg briefing packs) in advance, and check facilities are functional prior to meeting. Compile agendas, arrange presenters and collate presentations onto one laptop prior to meetings.
• Operate a “Bring Forward” system, in either paper or electronic format, ensuring the most current information is given to manager before meetings. Also use Bring Forward system to ensure managers’ actions are chased.
• Accept incoming telephone calls and transfer them to the appropriate extension, in a professional manner, sifting calls where appropriate by either dealing with requests or routing calls to appropriate staff.
• Sift manager's emails; respond to those relating to meeting requests / diary management and other straightforward correspondence and queries. Make manager aware of actions and chase on manager’s behalf. In manager’s absence, divert emails requiring urgent action to appropriate delegates. (All within agreed guidelines.)
• Undertake word processing duties, including formatting documents prepared by manager/team members, and typing reports as requested.
• Create and amend advanced MS Excel spreadsheets, using formulas, lookup data, pivot tables, charts, etc, as necessary.
• Create and amend advanced MS Powerpoint presentations, compiling data from various sources, and using pictures, animation, sound, hyperlinks, etc, as necessary.
• Utilise other IT systems as required, eg Buysite, WSS, Open Options, MS Access, MS Project, SAP, JIMS, Primavera, Collage, etc.
• Notify Reception of external visitors, ensuring any security requirements are made, escort visitors from and to Reception, and put them in contact with the person required
• Carry out administrative activities to facilitate the smooth provision of services, organising repairs required and general maintenance of utilities in order to ensure an efficient and safe working environment
• To facilitate the ordering and distribution of stationery, in accordance with agreed guidelines
• Maintain, modify or develop a departmental filing system (paper/electronic), which ensures that documentation is easily accessible. Create and maintain a soft document library of presentation and other types of documents, developing a sound knowledge of the topics covered.
• Compile and maintain a list of internal and external customers and suppliers, with appropriate contact details, for use by managers & teams.
• Provide support to facilitate compliance with company processes (eg Travel Policy, Conference Policy, Security processes)
• Scan documentation as required, and store electronically.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Lift Tester / Technician
Salary: £45k DOE, Pension, company car & a host of other benefits
Are you an experienced lift tester/technician with NVQ Level 4 or equivalent, or been working this role and after your NVQ Level 4?
After a new opportunity to work for a successful independent lift company?
Specialise within installation testing and or support from a technical basis?
Due to continued growth this lift company are now looking to add to their team, work is based predominantly in theYorkshire area however work can be required to stretch down to the Midlands area too.
Experienced Lift engineer at Tester/Technician level (NVQ Level 4 required)
Industry Knowledge & experience (minimum of 10 years)
Characteristics: hard working, reliable, good time management skills, customer service, team player
Interested? Here are your three options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Lindsey Blyghton on 44 (0) 116 2545411
2. " I think I'm right for this position, but I am not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
3. "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.