Permanent role based in Derby,
Daytime hours Mon - Fri 0700 - 1500
Paying £30000 per annum
- Ensure best practice in workplace organisation and carry out 5S audits across the departments to achieve effectiveness, control and efficiencies
- Promote best working practice in all production areas, proactively manage health & safety and promote safe working practices to ensure the safety and well being of all staff and compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Deliver the production plan and strive to achieve all relevant KPI's and promote a culture of continuous improvement and promote Team working
- Ensure all employees are fully trained against all standard operating procedures, health and safety procedures and relevant PQR's.
- Provide direction and support to the members of your team and support in the appraisals and development reviews.
- Ensure accurate time recording - Monitor/report labour hours daily, report any red flags to management
- Participate and contribute in weekly meetings with your manager and other Team leaders to discuss Health & Safety, Quality and Delivery, labour hours and non-conformities
- Review weekly and monthly statistics for shop floor performance
- Interface with other departments such as, Quality and Delivery and Logistics
- Raise any concerns in relation to quality of products and performance of suppliers, support in the closing out of 8D reports.
- Ensure compliance with company document control procedures and policies.
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping and ensure all products have full traceability throughout the build process.
- Support in the assessment of your teams competencies and support individual progression and development
- Support in the quotation of new and existing works
- Work to resolve any process, tool, personnel or quality problems as quickly as possible to maintain production output.
- Complete the team leader DAILY check sheets and report any issues to the Factory Manager and agree corrective actions required.
- Monitor general operator time-keeping, attendance and duration of their breaks.
- Ensure all team members are wearing the appropriate PPE for completing the task e.g.:-Safety Glasses, gloves, Proban overalls, safety boots and the required welding air fed mask, ear protection.
- Lead by example at all times.
- Promote lean working practices and encourage members of your team to keep overtime to minimum at all times and use opportunity reports
THE Production Supervisor
- 5 years Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment primarily fabrication.
- Enthusiasm and Commitment to "getting it right first time".
- Good Knowledge of manufacturing standards i.e. BS EN 15085, ISO2001 2015.
- Good knowledge of fabrication, understanding of drawings and working to tolerances
- Professional Competence and integrity
- Strong Leadership and ownership skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, verbal and written
- Good ability to work to deadlines
- Accuracy - good attention to detail
About Precision Recruitment
This Production Supervisor role is posted by Precision Recruitment, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Construction and Sales Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision cover the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman and production managers
We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Production Supervisor role
, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for sharon Pickering on 0116 254 5411 between 8am - 5pm or 07782229838 or email outside of these hours.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system
Ref: Production Supervisor