The Role: Design / Engineering Manager
My client would be keen to speak to Engineering Design Managers or Engineers that have a background working with Polymer Composites to work alongside the Engineering Director as design authority, with responsibility of managing, supporting and undertaking where necessary, work done by a small team engaging in a wide/diverse range of engineering design disciplines and research. You will be responsible for ensuring systems and equipment required by the work is available, reliable and efficiently delivers accurate results/output. These areas include;
- CAD drawing system to provide efficient and effective version controlled turn around of component, assembly and design concept drawings
- Laboratory equipment such as microscopes, tensile testing equipment, curing ovens etc.
- Process test instrumentation such as thermocouple logging, pressure transducers, air flow measurement pitots, string pots, etc.
- Electrical and electronic test equipment such as insulation testers, oscilloscopes etc.
- Material sample preparation facilities for microscopy and other analysis
- Catalogue all test results and test data
- Visualisation of test results and test data
Working alongside some of the biggest water Companies in the UK my client has developed fully process controlled equipment and delivered this into the water companies live infrastructure. The Right Person
The successful Engineering Design Manager mustl be educated to degree level in an Electronic Discipline (Electronic Control Systems / Mechanical / Polymer Composite) and will ideally have a minimum of 5 years experience with Electronic Control Systems, 5 years CAD experience, and 2 years experience with Polymer Composite function / roles as well as the following skill sets
- Liner composite material and Liner construction design, including;
- Establish appropriate composite material analysis and testing facilities
- Analyse current liner materials, components and construction to enhance/improve performance and compatibility with Aqualiner process
- Research and familiarise with co-mingled composite manufacturing processes
- Identify and characterise properties to be improved in current composite materials, such as glass fibre bundle based wicking of water
- Design air permeable multi-axial liner to be compatible with hot air heating and consolidation
- Work with material manufacturers to identify appropriate component specification and manufacturing process
- Identify impact of new material properties on Pig transit mechanism and modify Pig liner transit design appropriately
- Formulate specification for pre-liner and identify suitable manufacturers ix. Design liner pull-in fuse
- Control system design, including both hardware & software components of the following;
- Analysis of requirements of current process
- Design improvement of overall control architecture, user interface and integration with physically distributed control and monitoring sub-systems
- Design improvement of 3ph power control and monitoring sub-system for generator supplied Pig heaters
- Design improvement of compressed air flow control and monitoring sub-system
- Design improvement of inversion drum control and monitoring subsystem
- Design of umbilical retrieval system control and monitoring sub-system
- Design of liner tensioning system control and monitoring sub-system
Interested? Here are your three options
- Pig design evolution
- Inversion drum design evolution
- Inversion bag design evolution
- Umbilical and umbilical retrieval system design evolution
- Pit framework design
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Jon Webster on between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the details” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email email@example.com with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision is committed to keeping our candidates informed and offers a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.