Manufacturing Engineer (Precision Engineering) Loughborough
Salary & Package: £40k - £50k
Do you enjoy bringing new engineered products into the market?
This career opportunity is rewarding, extremely challenging and a unique proposition for those who thrive on technically focused work. You will work alongside experts within the Precision Engineering industry and their world-leading technology and cutting-edge products. Commutable from Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Melton Mowbray, Burton upon Trent
My client is very well established in providing low volume components to a variety of different markets including electrical/hybrid vehicles, automotive and power systems. They have a strong focus on the development and commercialisation of their component technologies.
As an integral part of their Operations team, with an initial focus on trial and phased automation of their next-generation automotive low volume component technology you will lead the development of product manufacturing and process capabilities.
Key Responsibilities of the role (including, but not limited to;)
We looking for;
- Create visual and digital models for current and future assembly process, equipment and facility plans
- Work closely with the Supply Chain & Research & Product Development departments to embed Design for Excellence into component and assembly designs
- Design, manufacture and test prototype components, closely monitoring the characterisations of their assembly and handling attributes
- Design, manufacture and test prototype component handling, including characterisation of new process capabilities
- Provision of manufacturing engineering expertise for component supplier selections.
- Management and engagement of suppliers to ensure product specification is delivered on time.
- A good honours degree in an engineering or science based subject
- Substantial relevant industrial experience. This could include precision engineering, automotive component design encompassing CAD-CAM with 3D modelling and automotive assembly equipment implementation.
- Track record of leading development and delivery on semi-automatic and automatic assembly equipment processes.
- Results orientation individual used to taking a high degree of ownership and accountability
- Comfortable working in a technology-leading company, with a commercial mindset and the ability to be solution-focused.
To apply for the Manufacturing Engineer (Precision Engineering) Position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Michelle Fletcher on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know.
Ref: Manufacturing Engineer (Precision Engineering)