Sheet Metal Worker
Salary: £12 per hour
Mon - Thurs 0800 - 1700
Friday 0800 - 1530
Based in Nuneaton
Our client is a rapidly-growing Group within the commercial ventilation and fabrication sector. And are looking to recruit an experienced sheet metal worker as part of our fabrication team in our main workshop.
You will be based in our workshop in northern Coventry.
Responsibilities will be:
- Previous sheet metal experience
- Manufacturing bespoke items from galvanised sheet, from sheet to finished product.
- Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be installed using tools such as rulers, calculators and squares.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance.
- Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools and installing and fabricating metal.
- Understanding technical drawings and sketches.
- Experience in all aspects of working galvanised sheet metal.
- Ability to lift heavy material and tools.
- Able to work as part of a small team in a personable manner.
- Good maths skills preferred but not essential
Interested? To apply for the Sheet Metal worker position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Sharon Pickering on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5 pm
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to secure an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know.
Precision People are committed to keeping candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system.
Ref: Sheet Metal Worker
About Precision People
This role is posted by Precision People, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy, Sales and Executive Search Recruitment. Operating since 2004, we have placed hundreds of engineers in fantastic new roles. Precision covers the whole spectrum of engineering roles from Welders, Fabricators, CNC Machinists, Panel Wireman up to Production Managers. We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton, so get in touch today.