- Role: Operations Director (Aggregates Production)
- Location: Burton Upon Trent
- Salary: Circa £80,000 (bonus, company car, pension)
Are you an Aggregates Production leader looking for an autonomous environment with the opportunity to use your commercial acumen?
Would you be open to looking at an opportunity that has solid progression to being a director and being instrumental in the expansion?
Would you like to work for a pioneering UK brand within the production engineering, giving you the ability to become an integral and key player within the organisation?
This is a great career progression opportunity for a seasoned Operations Manager that has been created within our well-regarded client. They specialise in production engineering within the Aggregates industry, being the leading organisation of its kind. They have recently created this position due to expansion and growth.
This opportunity is rewarding, extremely challenging and it will be a unique proposition for those who thrive on making their mark. As a Production focused Operations Manager within a growing business, you will be required to lead a multi-divisional team, responsible for the overall coordination, functional management and leadership of the engineering process across the site.
You will have exceptional experience and knowledge of the following:
- Achieving production targets by reducing downtime utilising knowledge of process plant - see a 25% increase
- Effective commercial acumen to carry out projects within business plan by calculating costs to maximise profits
- Reduction in cost per tonne through labour and running cost evaluation and improvement strategies
- Effective command and control to empower managers, inspire them to buy into a production-driven culture
- Driving the culture of Safety by employing NEBOSH principles, consistent improvement of H&S
- Reduction in turnover and absences across permanent and contract staff
You'll need to be a qualified mechanical engineer or with several years hands-on mechanical engineering in a production environment, in a quarrying, mining, aggregate processing environment where keeping production running is your key skill. The role needs you to have a proven background in production leadership in a process engineering environment with key skills in Operational Management with at least 5 direct reports such as project, maintenance and production management. NEBOSH is desired.
Call Sharika Bella Sacranie on 0116 254 5488 or email