Business Improvement Manager (Manufacturing )
Basic - Above Market
Would the opportunity to work alongside the Business Leader to grow a business three fold excite you?
Are you driven by achieving business excellence and efficiencies using clever structural strategies?
Are you a great manager that motivates and creates a coaching environment to excel in continuous improvement?
If this sounds like you then please read on:
This is a British Manufacturing success story, they have a truly global reach , and considered the Creme De La Creme in their sector. As Europe’s leading axle and suspension manufacturer for trailers and semi-trailers their parent company was established in 1898 and remains an owner-operated family business.
The company is known as a global leader in automotive manufacturing thanks to its commitment to innovation, quality and people.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and highly competent Business Improvement Manager to lead multiple teams who deliver and support processes to manufacture their products within the global market. Working closely with the senior management team, you will help deliver some of the most critical Business Improvement Strategies to enable the organisation to reach the next level of expansion.You need to be a strong strategist, entrenched in Continuous Improvement with a proactive approach to be able to lead and measure a zero defect strategy and promote a 100% right first time culture that focuses on proactive improvement methodologies and risk reduction; and reducing costs through the use of lean methodologies and continuous improvement tools.
Duties will include:
- To develop and increase the level of local manufacturing currently undertaken within the UK location.
- To implement continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing and logistics areas.
- To ensure both internal and external logistics processes are controlled and efficient.
- To develop manufacturing areas (layout, Kaizen, Kanban, etc)
- To support and develop existing production planning and procurement process.
- To ensure robust preventative maintenance, quality assurance and control processes are implemented and maintained.
- Enhancing the capability of the business to develop staff within the operations environment.
- Adhere to the companies health and safety policies at all times
The Right Person:
You will be an operations professional with a solid working knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving Techniques, 5S, Waste Elimination. Lean and/or Six Sigma (Green Belt required, Black Belt advantageous) experience of process improvement in a manufacturing environment.Knowledge of systems/processes that ensure decisions are data driven.
Interested? Here are your three options:
1. “This is the job for me, I meet all the requirements” – Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Sharika Bella Sacranie, Senior Technical Account Manager on 0116 254 5488 between 8.30am – 5.30pm
2. “I think I’m right for this position, but I’m not sure about some of the detail” – Click “apply now” so I can read your CV and come back to you.
3. “I’m interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me” – email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.