HSE Manager (Forensic Investigation) Bristol
Salary & Package: £40k - £50k Bonus Car Allowance Pension Medical/Life Insurance Hols
Are you a degree educated NEBOSH/IOSH qualified Health and Safety Manager? Have you got a proven record of achievement in successful implementation of Heath & Safety management systems and ISO certification?
This dual role career opportunity is rewarding, extremely challenging and a unique proposition for those who thrive on technically focused work. You will work alongside experts within the Forensic Investigation Industry.
My client is very well established in providing a wide range of forensic investigation services and root cause analysis for the insurance and risk management industries as well as the legal profession. They have offices in the UK & abroad with experienced scientists and engineers undertaking investigations worldwide.
This is a dual role, with the main focus being on Health, Safety and Environmental Management. Along side this you will manage an active case load relating to Personal Injury claims.
Personal injuries are often traumatic and consequent litigation is becoming more common and complex as court awards increase and injured parties become ever more aware of the compensation that may be available to them.
My client has vast experience in this broad field relating to accidents at home or at work, as well as in public places or on transport. Their detailed engineering knowledge is invaluable when understanding how an accident occurred. Other services relating to this include Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Slip, Trips & Falls.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Manager role (including, but not limited to;)
- Responsibility and control of circa 160 employees ensuring their day-to-day safety and environmental impact over 8 UK sites
- Planning, undertaking and controlling internal and external BSI audits and inspections
- Chair and responsibility for sub-committee meetings, steering committee meetings, and management meetings
- Presented board and stakeholder information, KPI’s, budgets, targets and objectives
- Investigation of accidents, near misses and hazard alerts with root cause analysis
- Monitoring risk assessment management system and provided training to all employees
- Reporting on matters relating to health, safety, environmental and welfare in-line with current legislation
- Developing a culture of continuous development, reporting, trust and first responder teams within the organisation
- Standardisation and review of business procedures and policies on health, safety, environmental and HR
- Contractor permit to works allocation including inductions and documentation review
- New employees and/or visitor inductions to the business and site
- Completion of customer questionnaires and tender questionnaires for HS&E subjects
- Workplace air, noise and light monitoring and reporting
- Fire safety arrangements within the site including alarm testing, fire extinguishers and fire door checks
- Carry out First Aid training
- Carry out thorough site-based investigations
- Accurately gather evidence and record correctly
- Carry out and amend risk assessments as appropriate
- Communicate with clients regularly
- Conduct detailed examinations and analysis of failed equipment or components
- Analysis information from other investigations and consultants
- Devise and carry out testing of components and materials
- Review technical information
- Prepare reports for Court proceedings
- Provide Expert Witness evidence in Court
We’re looking for;
- A good honours degree in an engineering or science-based subject
- A higher degree of study or research (eg MSc or PhD) is desirable
- Qualifications in Health, Safety, Environmental or Engineering (NEBOSH certification or IOSH certification)
- Have previous experience in a full-time HSE role, ideally within a Risk Management Consultancy
- Extensive knowledge of safety legislation and management systems
- Extensive knowledge of Personal Injury Case Work
- The ability to communicate technical concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing, to others less informed than yourself
- The ability to communicate and influence all levels of employees and leadership
- You being prepared to work unpredictable hours, as and where the work demands
To apply for the HSE Manager (Forensic Investigation) Bristol Position, here are your two options:
1. "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience. Ask for Michelle Fletcher on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know. Ref: HSE Manager (Forensic Investigation) Bristol